Malaysia is a wonderful country with exciting food, beautiful temples and mosques, and friendly people. But before you can go to Malaysia, you have to get a visa.
Malaysia Visa Application Process
You can apply for Malaysia visas with the help of the website. If you are eligible, it will take you less than five minutes to get your visa.
You can use their services without going anywhere or making calls or emails.
The procedure is simple:
- Choose your type of Malaysia visa from the drop-down menu at the top of this page.
- Complete the application form with all necessary details regarding yourself, your reason for travel and more
- Submit your details online by clicking the ‘Pay Now’ button
- Once confirmed, we will send an email containing a scanned copy of our receipt along with instructions on downloading an electronic copy (eVisa) and printing out hard copies at airport immigration counters upon arrival in Malaysia.
Types of Malaysia Visas
There are several types of Malaysia visas, depending on your reasons for travelling to the country. Here are some common ones:
- Visa on arrival (VOA): This is the most common type of Malaysia visa and can be obtained by landing at any point in Malaysia. It’s valid for 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 120 days or 180 days, depending on your country. But, it’s only available to nationals who are passport holders from Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam Any other country.
Documents Required for Malaysia Visa Application
To apply for Malaysia visas, you must submit all the required documents and your visa application form. Here are the documents required for each type of Malaysia visa:
- Tourist Visa: Passport, visa application form and two passport-size photos
- Business Visa: Passport, visa application form and two passport-size photos
- Working Visa: Passport, a letter from employer confirming employment in Malaysia (in case you don’t have one yet), proof of income or financial support in Malaysia (bank statement or credit card statement)
Malaysia Visas Processing Time
Visa processing time varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for. Many factors influence the processing time, including:
- How busy the embassy is at the time you apply. If many people are applying for visas at that time, processing can take longer.
- Where you apply in Malaysia (the location of each embassy). Some embassies may be busier or slower than others.
- Where you are applying from (your country), suppose there is a lot of tourism in Malaysia and thus more applications from other countries. In that case, this requires more work on behalf of Malaysian officials to process these applications before they can move on to other tasks like yours!
Malaysia Visa Fee
Malaysia visa fees are based on the type of visa you choose to apply for, the duration of stay and your age. The fee for a Malaysia visa is charged in local currency.
While applying for Malaysia visas, keep these things in mind.
- Make sure you have all the required documents.
- Make sure you apply for the right visa.
- Make sure you apply to the right country.
- Make sure you apply for the right purpose.
- Make sure you apply for the right duration.
- Make sure you apply for the right number of entries.
The Last Word
We hope this comprehensive guide answers all your questions regarding the Malaysia visa.
- Singapore Visa Requirements and Application Guidance
- How to Apply for a Qatar Visa: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Get a Thailand Visa in Less Than a Week
- How to Apply for UAE Visa, Everything You Need to Know
- Applying for a Canada Visa Online: The Ultimate Guide
- Australia Visa Application: How to Apply Online
- How to Apply for a US Visa: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Applying for a UK Visa is Easy – Do it Online!
- Everything You Need to Know About Applying for a Schengen Visa
- Essential Documents You Need for Travel in the EU