Belarus Visa: We’ve all been there. You want to go on holiday, but the government won’t let you because they’re mean and don’t like your face.
Belarus isn’t entirely wrong, but it is a little fussier than most countries about getting visas.
So what do you need to do if you want to get one? Well, here’s a step-by-step guide:
Step 1: Draft the Invitation Letter
The first step is to draft an invitation letter, which will be used to apply for a Belarus visa.
The invitation letter should be written on official letterhead and signed by the inviting person.
It should also contain their name, position, organization and address details.
The notary’s seal should be placed at the bottom of this document.
Here’s a sample template:
To Whom It May Concern:
I with this invite Mr./Ms. John Doe (full name) to visit Minsk, Belarus, from 21st December 2021 till 22nd December 2022 for business purposes.
They will arrive in Minsk on 20th December 2021 at 8 pm local time and go from Minsk on 21st December 2022at 6 am local time aboard flight number ABC123, arriving at JFK airport in New York City on 22nd December 2021 at 5 pm local time.”
Step 2: Get it Notarised
- You can get it notarized by a Notary Public.
- You can get it notarized at the embassy.
- You can get it notarized at a notary public.
- Or, you may do so at your bank (if you have one).
Step 3: Apply for a visa in person at the Embassy of Belarus
The third step in applying for a Belarus visa is to apply in person at the embassy.
This can be done on weekdays between 9 am and 5 pm, except on holidays when there is a 24-hour notice given by the embassy of Belarus of any upcoming closures or delays in service hours.
You’ll need to bring:
- A completed application form filled out completely and signed across the bottom by yourself or your sponsor
- Your passport (look into getting an expedited passport if you don’t have one already—most embassies will have this option)
- One passport photo (make sure it’s not too dark or too light; follow the directions of the Embassy of Belarus on their website).
Step 4: Apply for a visa online
You can apply for a tourist visa within 3 days.
You can apply online by clicking on the following link: mfa.gov.by.
Once you have completed your application and paid the service fee, you will receive an email confirming that we have received it and will process it as possible.
Step 4: Pay the Visa Fee and collect your passport/visa/sticker from the embassy/at your doorstep
You should pay for your visa at the embassy.
If you are collecting it from the embassy, then you will have to submit your passport at the embassy in exchange for the passport/visa/sticker.
Applying for a Belarus Visa is quite an easy process.
Belarus Visa can be applied online and also through the post.
It is convenient to apply online because you can get your visa in a few days, while applying by post will take longer.
But, when applying at your doorstep, you must ensure that Belarus Government authorizes the embassy to issue visas from their jurisdiction.
The Last Word
Applying for a Belarus visa is quite an easy process. If you are still confused about the whole process, you read Consular Affairs’ detailed guide on applying for a Belarus visa.
- Bahrain Visa Processing – Apply Now [eVisa]
- How to Apply for a Botswana Visa [eVisa]
- Bhutan Visa: How to Apply for a Visit Visa
- How to Get a Bolivia Visa in Easy Steps [eVisa]
- 3 Steps to Applying for a Burundi Visa
- Benin Visa – What You Need to Know [Apply eVisa]
- Burkina Faso Visa Requirements and Application Procedure
- Bangladesh Visa: The Most Comprehensive Guide
- Brazil Visa: How to Get Yours in Three Easy Steps
- Kiribati Visa Application Process