If you’re planning a trip to Belize and want to explore the country’s natural beauty, culture, and history, you’ll need to apply for a visa ahead of time.
The good news is that the process is straightforward and quick—follow these steps:
Choose the Belize visa type you are applying for.
The next step is to choose the type of visa you are applying for.
If you are applying for a work visa, you must provide proof of employment.
You can do this by uploading your latest payslip or providing a letter from your employer confirming that they will support your application and pay any fees required by immigration authorities in Belize.
If you have been accepted into an approved college or university program in Belize, you will need to provide proof of enrollment before applying for student visa approval.
Most schools offer certified enrollment letters on their websites which can be used as official documentation with the immigration authorities in Belize.
Complete the online application form.
Once you’ve decided to apply for a visa, the next step is to complete your online application form. You can do this by following the instructions on the official government website.
You’ll be asked to provide personal information such as your name and address and details about where you’re travelling from and what kind of travel document you’ll use while in Belize.
You’ll also need to fill out some contact details for yourself (and any dependents) and how long you plan on staying in Belize.
Once that’s done, click “Next”, then choose either an “e-visa” or a “visa” option depending on whether you have a passport with an electronic chip embedded within its pages; if not, then select e-visa.
The final screen will give more instructions before emailing your request for approval; click “Submit” when filling everything out!
Schedule an interview and pay the fees.
Schedule an interview and pay the fees. When you are ready, contact the embassy or consulate of Belize to schedule an appointment for your visa interview.
If you’ve already paid the non-refundable application fee online, bring a copy of your payment confirmation email.
It would help if you also got a valid passport during your interview.
Show up for your appointment.
It would help if you arrived at your appointment 30 minutes early. The visa officer will confirm that the documents you bring are correct, so ensure you have everything in order before arriving.
Bring all the documents listed above with you to your interview. These include:
- Your passport (and photo page)
- Completed application form
- Interview appointment letter and payment receipt (if not yet paid online)
Wait for your visa to arrive in the mail.
- Once you’ve submitted your application, it will take 2-3 weeks to process.
- You can track the status of your application online by using the visa tracking number that was emailed to you when you submitted it (check your junk mail folder if it doesn’t arrive immediately). When the processing is complete, a decision letter will be emailed to you with instructions on how to apply for an extension if necessary.
- If you don’t get your visa in time, don’t worry! Follow these steps: -Go online and apply for an extension. You may need more supporting documents depending on how close it is to your departure date; check out this guide for more information about those. -Your extension request will be sent to immigration officials in Belize; once received there, they’ll contact us and let us know that we should send another copy of your passport page (which contains all relevant info) as proof that we have received their request for an extension before deciding whether they should approve one for someone like yourself who hasn’t yet used up her original 90 days under any circumstances whatsoever during which she could have done so but didn’t because she didn’t know about them until after having already spent them elsewhere because she wasn’t aware there was such thing as extensions!
The Belize visa application process is pretty straightforward.
To apply for a visa, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Belizean embassy or consulate nearest you (or the closest one if there is no embassy or consulate in your country). You can find this information on their website.
- Please make an appointment using their online system, which takes about 5 minutes and costs nothing.
- Show up at your appointment with all the required documents (see below) and pay any applicable fees in person or by credit card.
- Wait about 2 weeks for your visa to arrive in the mail.
The Last Word
That’s it! You have now applied for your Belize visa. If you have any questions or concerns,
- Guide to Brunei Visa for Travelers – Apply Now [eVisa]
- The Best Way to Get a Bulgaria Visa
- Apply for a Belarus Visa – Easy, Fast, and Secure
- Bahrain Visa Processing – Apply Now [eVisa]
- How to Apply for a Botswana Visa [eVisa]
- Bhutan Visa: How to Apply for a Visit Visa
- How to Get a Bolivia Visa in Easy Steps [eVisa]
- 3 Steps to Applying for a Burundi Visa
- Benin Visa – What You Need to Know [Apply eVisa]
- Burkina Faso Visa Requirements and Application Procedure