Botswana Visa [eVisa] are a quick and easy way to get travel visas, but not everyone is eligible for them.
Botswana eVisas can only be used if you travel to Botswana by air.
So if you plan on driving or entering the country through another method, such as land border crossing or cruise ship docking, you’ll need another type of visa.
Suppose your reason for visiting Botswana is tourism or business-related travel, and you have proof of funds enough to cover any expenses in the country (e.g., hotel reservations).
In that case, an online visa application may be correct for you!
Determine if you can apply for an eVisa.
Determine if you can apply for a Visa. You can apply for an eVisa to enter Botswana. All left is to complete the online application form and pay via credit card.
Check the documentation needed for your Botswana visa.
To apply for a Botswana visa, you need to have the following documents:
- A passport is valid for at least six months after your intended return date.
- A copy of your round-trip ticket or itinerary.
- Proof of enough funds (for example, bank statement)
Complete your eVisa application online.
You can apply for a visa online from the Botswana Government website. To do this, you must first create an account and log in to the site.
Then you’ll fill out the form with your details and submit it by paying that fee of $50 (or BWP 1,000).
Once you’ve done this, you should receive confirmation within 24 hours that the immigration service has received your application.
Your visa should be processed within 3 days of submission, though it may take up to 7 days if there are issues with your documentation or payment information.
Take and upload a digital photo of yourself.
- Ensure that your photo is clear, well-lit and in focus.
- Make sure that your face is visible.
- Make sure that your head is centred in the frame.
- Open your eyes and close your mouth – don’t smile!
- If you wear glasses or contacts, take off those glasses or contacts!
Pay the eVisa fee and submit your application.
To pay the eVisa fee, you will be directed to a secure payment gateway. Payments are made in USD and can be made using:
- credit or debit card
- bank account (with or without a PayPal account)
- Bitcoin account
Wait for your Botswana eVisa to be processed.
Once you submit your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your visa number.
If you don’t receive an email within 24 hours, check your spam folder and contact the Botswana embassy to verify that they received your application.
The Botswana Embassy will process eVisas in batches, so it could take up to 72 hours before they’re ready for pickup.
Please contact the embassy if you need to make changes or want more information about what happens after submitting an electronic visa application (eVisa).
Online Botswana eVisas are a quick and easy way to get travel visas, but not everyone is eligible for them.
The process is as easy as clicking a button if you are a citizen of a country eligible for eVisas.
Please fill out your application online, attach proof of travel (like an itinerary or reservation), pay the fee and submit it online.
You should receive your visa in about 7 days if all goes well.
If everything doesn’t go well…there are stories on Reddit about people who have been waiting over 2 months for their visas to come through after applying for them online!
To save yourself from that fate, I recommend applying at the embassy in person instead of trying to apply online.
The Last Word
As you can see, applying for a Botswana visa is straightforward. All you need to do is make sure you meet the requirements, complete the online application form and pay the fee.
Then your eVisa will be processed within five business days.
You’ll receive confirmation of your travel authorization via email when it’s ready to print out and take along with you on your trip!
- Bhutan Visa: How to Apply for a Visit Visa
- How to Get a Bolivia Visa in Easy Steps [eVisa]
- 3 Steps to Applying for a Burundi Visa
- Benin Visa – What You Need to Know [Apply eVisa]
- Burkina Faso Visa Requirements and Application Procedure
- Bangladesh Visa: The Most Comprehensive Guide
- Brazil Visa: How to Get Yours in Three Easy Steps
- Kiribati Visa Application Process
- Kyrgyzstan Visa: How to Apply for an eVisa
- Apply for Kazakhstan Visa with Ease [eVisa]