Canada Work Visa: You’re ready to start a new life in Canada; you’ve worked hard to get where you are, and now you want to continue on your path.
But before you can do that, there’s a lot of paperwork involved and some serious steps that need to be taken.
Luckily for you, our team at the excursion today has put together this guide about applying for a temporary work permit so that when it comes time for your trip across the pond, all will be ready!
The Temporary Canada Work Visa allows you to work in Canada for a specified period.
The Temporary Work Permit allows you to work in Canada for a specified period.
You can apply for a temporary work permit if you are a citizen of a country other than Canada and you are not a Canadian citizen.
The applicant must have been employed in the past three months by an employer who Immigration has authorized, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to sponsor them for permanent residence under section 67(1)(a) or (b).
You must prove that your employment relationship lasted at least three months before applying for this visa.
Different types of temporary work permits are available in Canada.
- Work permits are issued to foreigners who wish to work in Canada.
- There are three temporary work permits: open, closed and temporary resident.
- An open work permit allows you to enter and leave Canada at any time during the validity period of your visa without applying for a new one.
- A closed permit works, except there’s no requirement for re-entry into Canada after its expiration date has passed – only exit! This means that once someone gets one, they’ll never need another one again unless something changes about their situation, which might cause them.
An employer may have to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before hiring a temporary worker.
Before hiring a temporary worker, the employer must get an LMIA from the Canadian government.
This document proves there is a need for foreign workers in your industry and that they won’t be displacing Canadian employees.
It’s issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), which issues them on behalf of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
Eligible employers must apply for LMIAs before hiring temporary foreign workers under specific categories or occupations within their existing business model.
Once approved, this will allow them to bring in up to 100 new skilled professionals per year without competing against domestic applicants first! It’s also free of charge so long as you meet specific criteria:
- Your organization has been operating for at least two years;
- You have enough funds set aside for these hires; and
- You’ve done everything within your power to ensure that anyone who applies passes muster with ESDC
If you don’t require an LMIA, you might be eligible for an Open Work Permit.
If you don’t have a job offer from a Canadian employer and don’t have access to one, then immigration authorities may grant you an Open Work Permit.
Approved, your employer is not required by law or company policy to hire you on their own accord—they can do it once they’ve received approval from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
You should note that this type of work permit doesn’t last forever; it only lasts until the end of the year they were issued.
You must go through the following steps when applying for a work permit.
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit your application.
Understand the requirements and ways you can apply for your work permit to enjoy your life in Canada!
You may want to consider how to apply for your work permit.
You can do so in different ways, depending on the purpose of your stay in Canada.
The first way is by doing it yourself through the embassy or consulate of Canada in your country of origin (or any other country if you have no passport).
The second option is to use an online service like [website].
The third option is using an agency which will help with all aspects of the process, including filing paperwork and organizing interviews with immigration officials.
The Last Word
Congratulations! You’ve applied for a work permit. Now you can enjoy your life in Canada.
- Applying for a Canada Visa Online: The Ultimate Guide
- Canada Student Visa Application Process for Foreign Students
- Australia Work Visa: How to Get a Work Visa for Australia
- How to Get a Japan Work Visa: Steps and Requirements
- Malaysia Work Visa for Foreigners – Apply Today
- Romania Work Visa: How to Get a Work Permit
- South Korea Work Visa Requirements & Application
- A Guide to Singapore Work Visa – Apply Today
- Apply For A South Africa Work Visa, Visa Requirements
- How to Get a Turkey Work Visa with Ease
- How to Get a Bahrain Work Visa – An Effective Solution