Applying for a Czech Republic visa can be difficult and stressful, but Thumbtack can help.
We send you to the right places and with the right paperwork so you can focus on what’s most important—packing your suitcase!
Step 1: Determine your eligibility for a Czech Republic Visa
The first step to applying for a Czech Republic visa is determining eligibility.
You can find out if you qualify by checking the information on this page, but we recommend contacting your nearest embassy or consulate to make sure.
If you are a citizen of any country other than those listed below, please check with them about their requirements before starting the application process:
- Citizens from Albania/Andorra/Bosnia and Herzegovina/Bulgaria/Croatia/Czech Republic (EU) – no visa required, but there may be fees associated with processing your documents at a regional passport office;
- Citizens from Argentina – no visa required, but there may be fees associated with processing your documents at an Argentinean consulate abroad;
Step 2: Complete the Visa Application Form
The Czech Republic visa application form is a comprehensive document requiring you to answer all the questions.
You can complete the form online, print it out, and submit it with your passport and other required documents.
Be sure to sign before a notary public or embassy representative submits your application. This will ensure that nobody else has access to your personal information after submission.
Step 3: Prepare the Czech Republic visa requirements & submit your application.
- List of documents required
- List of documents that are not required
- How to prepare documents and how to submit them
- Tracking your application
Step 4: Visit the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Your Country
You will need to visit the embassy of the Czech Republic in your country.
The embassy has an application form that you can fill out, and they also accept cash or credit cards as payment for the visa fee.
When you arrive at their office, be sure to bring all your documents with you so that they can process them: passport, previous visas, and residence permits, if applicable (if not, then a copy from them), proof of employment (if applicable), etc.
Step 5: Track and get your Czech Republic Visa
Once your visa application has been approved, you will receive a tracking number.
This is the number you will use to track the status of your application. You can also use this number if something goes wrong with the visa process or if there are other questions about how long it takes for visas to be delivered (i.e., “how long does it take?”).
Once you know what type of Czech Republic visas you need to visit the country, you can start preparing the documents.
Once you know what type of Czech Republic visa you need to visit the country, you can start preparing the documents.
Depending on your country of origin and age group, there are different visa requirements. For example:
- Citizens from EU countries and the U.S. have no restrictions on entering the Czech Republic with a valid passport or national ID card (such as a driver’s license).
- Citizens from other countries may need to apply for a visa at an embassy or consulate before travelling to the Czech Republic.*