This article will teach you all you need to know about acquiring a visa to Egypt.
The process is not complicated and can be done in under a day (with the help of an Egyptian travel agent). Find out what you’ll need and what documents are
Gathering the Documents to Apply for an Egypt Visa
Before applying for an Egypt visa, it’s essential to check the visa requirements for your country and gender.
For example, suppose you’re a woman between 40 and 50 with American citizenship and a bachelor’s degree in philosophy. In that case, you’ll need to fill out different forms than someone who is male under 30 with American citizenship and no college degree.
If you’re applying from the United States in September 2020 (or any other time), specific steps must be completed before submitting your application:
- You must have proof of medical insurance covering accidents and emergency medical care while in Egypt. This can usually be obtained online by paying around $100 per year. Still, it varies depending on where you live in America, so check with your local health insurance provider for more information about premiums or eligibility for coverage without having to pay extra fees every month after receiving notification from them via email that this option is now available!
- You must also provide proof that you’ve received vaccinations against polio; yellow fever; influenza virus types A & B; diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine (DTaP); measles-mumps-rubella vaccine (MMR); varicella-zoster virus, among others listed below:
Getting your Egypt eVisa
- The visa application process is straightforward, and you can apply online.
- You’ll need to provide your passport details and a few other personal information.
- It takes about 10 minutes to complete the form, and payment is only through a credit card (there’s no option to pay by cash or check).
- Once you’ve completed the form and paid, it takes less than 24 hours for your e-Visa approval letter to arrive in your inbox.
How to apply for a tourist visa for Egypt
Check the Egyptian embassy website for visa requirements and the application form.
You’ll need to bring your passport and a letter of invitation from an Egyptian resident or hotel reservation.
Apply for your tourist visa at least one month before you plan to travel, as the processing time can be up to 3 weeks.
If you live out of the country, apply in person at an Egyptian Embassy or Consulate. Bring all required documents and pay the visa fee.
Get your Egyptian Visa Stamped in your passport!
Documents required to get a tourist visa for Egypt
When applying for a tourist visa to Egypt, you’ll need to provide the embassy with certain documents. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Proof of travel arrangements
- Proof of enough funds (at least USD 100 per day) or hotel reservation
- Letter of consent from parents or guardians if under 18 years old or travelling alone.
Passport with six months validity from the date of entering Egypt
You will need a passport valid for at least six months from entry into Egypt.
The validity of your passport will be checked at the port of entry. It must also have at least two blank pages.
Proof of enough funds for your stay in Egypt (bank statements or ATM withdrawals)
The next step is to prove that you have enough funds for your stay in Egypt. You will need to show bank statements or ATM withdrawals, which include the following information:
- Date of withdrawal/deposit
- Name and location of bank/ATM
- The amount is withdrawn or deposited.
Proof of travel arrangements (tickets, tour bookings etc.)
Proof of travel arrangements (tickets, tour bookings etc.) – You need to provide a copy of any booking confirmation. It should include the following information:
- Details of the ticket buy transaction (date, time and cost)
- Ticket cancellation policy
- Tour itinerary
- Tour cost (per person) in USD$ or EGP (Egyptian Pounds)
Duration of your trip in days/weeks/months and the number of nights you will stay in Egypt per each visa type applied.
For example, if you apply for a 14-day tourist visa, the first day on Egyptian soil is counted as day 1.
The validity period begins from entry into Egypt till the date of departure from Egypt.
If you want to extend your stay beyond this period, you apply for a new tourist visa at least two weeks before your current one expires, so there isn’t any overlap between them.
Hotel or accommodation reservation
Once you have decided on the length of your stay in Egypt, it’s time to book accommodations.
The good news is that Egyptian visas are not required for tourists staying in hotels or hostels and participating in organized tours.
But, a visa will be required if you plan to stay longer than 30 days.
Once you have received your visa and arrived at an airport that receives flights from Egypt, it is recommended that travellers check into a hotel before they begin their journey around the country.
If they wish to extend their stay by booking another night or two, this can be done with their current reservation number at no cost (except for local taxes).
Letter of consent (in case you’re a minor travelling with only one parent)
If you are a bit travelling with only one parent or guardian, the consent letter should be written by your parent or guardian who is not travelling.
This document should include the name of the minor, the name of their other parent or guardian (who does not wish to travel), and details about their itinerary for that particular trip.
If you’re a minor travelling alone with neither parent nor guardian present, please see our guide on applying for an Egypt visa as a solo traveller.
Birth certificate (in case you’re a minor travelling with only one parent)
If you are a bit travelling with only one parent, you will need a letter of consent from the other parent.
This letter should be notarized and translated into Arabic by an official translator.
Know what documents are required and gather them ahead of time.
Before applying for an Egypt visa, it’s essential to know what is required and gather your documents ahead of time.
This will ensure that you’re prepared on the day of your appointment and avoid rescheduling last minute.
Contact your embassy or consulate if you’re unsure what documents are needed.
They can provide you with a complete list of accepted items and instructions on acquiring them if they aren’t already in your possession.
The following list includes all the necessary paperwork:
- Passport (valid for at least six months after travel)
- E-Visa confirmation letter from the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (if applicable)
The Last Word
If you are an American citizen, getting your visa to travel to Egypt is effortless. There are a few steps that you need to take before you can get your visa.
- Everything You Need to Know About Applying for a Malaysia Visa
- Singapore Visa Requirements and Application Guidance
- How to Apply for a Qatar Visa: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Get a Thailand Visa in Less Than a Week
- How to Apply for UAE Visa, Everything You Need to Know
- Applying for a Canada Visa Online: The Ultimate Guide
- Australia Visa Application: How to Apply Online
- How to Apply for a US Visa: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Applying for a UK Visa is Easy – Do it Online!
- Everything You Need to Know About Applying for a Schengen Visa