The Equatorial Guinea visa application requirements can be confusing and complicated.
See the list of the necessary documentation, including the items you will need to submit if applying for a tourist visa.
Equatorial Guinea Visa
How to Apply for an Equatorial Guinea Visa
If you’re looking to travel to Equatorial Guinea, you will need a visa. You can apply for the Equatorial Guinea visa through your travel agent or online.
You mustn’t use a third-party agency if you want your application to be processed quickly and efficiently, as they would not know what is required to obtain an Equatorial Guinea visa.
Equatorial Guinea Visa Requirements
The main requirement for obtaining an Equatorial Guinea visa is evidence of sufficient funds when applying for one at the embassy of Equatorial Guinea or via their website.
Evidence must include bank statements showing at least £2,000 per person (or £4,000 per family) and proof of onward flights/transport and accommodation arrangements once in the country.
You must complete the visa application form and submit it with the appropriate fees. The following requirements must be met:
- Completed application form for a tourist or business visa (Visa Application Form)
- Two passport-size photographs were taken in the last three months. Pictures should be non-professional, undated, and printed on photo paper.
- Proof of travel insurance covers you for at least €30,000 for emergency medical care and repatriation costs. You also need proof of comprehensive travel insurance covering all charges related to repatriation or death and payment in full for any medical treatment required while away from home during your stay (e.g., accident or sickness).
Passport, original and a photocopy
- Passport, original and a photocopy
- The passport must be valid for at least six months after the expiry of your visa. It should have at least two blank pages. It must be issued within the last 10 years, and it should be a machine-readable passport (MRP). If you are using an MRP, you must ensure that it has been issued in the last 10 years.
Two passport-size photographs with white background
You will need to have two passport-size photographs with white background. These should be a recent photograph, taken within the last six months and front view.
The photos must clearly show your face with a neutral expression and not wear a hat or other headgear such as sunglasses or earrings.
Covering letter stating the purpose of your visit.
A covering letter must be submitted with your visa application. Please state the purpose of your visit (business, tourism, etc.), the duration of your stay and the number of people travelling with you.
You will also need to provide the name and address of your host in Equatorial Guinea and other information that may be relevant to processing your visa application (e.g., if this is a multiple-entry visa).
Hotel Confirmation in Equatorial Guinea.
If you are applying for a tourist visa, your hotel reservation should be for the exact dates of your visa application.
The hotel reservation should also be for at least 2 nights.
The applicant’s name and passport must match exactly with the name on the hotel reservation.
A certificate from the local chamber of commerce or trade body attested by the ministry of foreign affairs and Chamber of Commerce indicating the applicant’s business position and nature of business.
You must provide a letter from your chamber of commerce stating that you work at the company or organization and indicate how long you have been there.
The Last Word
Obtain a Visa to travel to Equatorial Guinea. Apply for your Equatorial Guinea visa now and be safeguarded in your travels.