Gabon is located in West Africa, with a population of about 1.7 million. It’s bordered by Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon, and the Republic of Congo.
Gabon has a tropical climate and is home to many wildlife species such as gorillas and chimpanzees.
The first step to obtaining a visa is to contact the Embassy or Consulate of Gabon in your home country.
You can search for this information on each country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
Once you’ve located your nearest embassy or consulate of Gabon, it’s time to prepare yourself for what will be required during the application process.
The documents needed to apply for a visa vary depending on whether you apply as an individual or as part of a group tour.
As an individual, you must submit A completed visa application form with a photo attached.
Your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of departure from Gabon.
A letter from your employer stating that absence from work will not cause any harm or loss; this does not apply if you’re retired.
A letter addressed by yourself stating reasons for travel and length of stay in Gabon; this does not apply if travelling on business.
An original document proving ownership/leasehold interest for property owned/leased in Canada, such as mortgage papers; this does not apply if travelling with family members who hold Canadian citizenship
Gabon visa fees
There are different categories of Gabon visas, and their fees vary.
The following table will help you to know the visa fees:
- Tourist visa: $70
- Business visa: $60
- Work visa: $100 (only for those who have contracts with Gabon companies)
- Medical visit (health): $30
Official visit or a diplomatic trip to the country: free of charge Transit through Gabon territory by air or sea: free of charge. But, a transit visa must be obtained from airport authorities when you arrive at Libreville International Airport (LBV). It is also required for passengers who board/leave ships in Port-Gentil or Port-Bouet maritime ports. You can get it on arrival at Libreville International Airport (LBV) from 2 hours before departure time until 1 hour after departure time.
How to apply for a Gabon visa
You can apply for a Gabon visa through the following:
- The Embassy of Gabon
If you apply at the embassy, make sure to bring with you:
- A valid passport or another acceptable identity document shows your photo and signature. Passports issued by some countries must be valid for at least six months beyond the end of your intended stay in Gabon. Make sure to include at least one blank page so that it can be stamped upon entry into the country.
- 2 recent passport photos (3 “x4″) with a white background are required for all applicants regardless of age or gender. Also, make sure to have a recent colour photocopy (front & back) of each photo ID page (if applicable) as well as proof that they belong to you, such as a copy of your birth certificate or driver’s license (in case no photo ID available). They will also need payment options when paying fees online through credit card/debit card/bank transfer, so keep those handy too! Make sure not forget any formality requirements such as completing necessary forms before arriving at any consulate office – applications may take up until two weeks depending on which office is chosen.”
Where to get a Gabon visa
You can get a Gabon visa at any of the following:
- Embassy or consulate.
- Visa on arrival (at an international airport).
- Through a travel agent.
You can also apply for a Gabon visa online through certain agencies, as long as you provide all the required documents and follow the instructions on their website. These companies may charge extra for their services, but you’ll save time and effort by letting them handle your application.
Documents required for a Gabon visa
You will need to provide the following documents for a Gabon visa:
- Passport with at least 6 months validity.
- Two passport-sized photos taken within the last 6 months (one photo is required for minors).
- Proof of onward travel.
- Proof of sufficient funds.
- Proof of medical travel insurance valid for 30 days from entry into Gabon.
You may also be asked to provide:
- Proof of employment as well as an income tax statement showing the last two years’ earnings (in case you’re travelling on work assignment)
Applying for your Gabon visa online
You can apply for your Gabon visa online through the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration website.
To begin, you’ll need to decide whether you would like to apply in person or by mail.
If applying in person, know which embassy or consulate is processing applications from your country (the major embassies are located in Paris and Libreville).
If applying by mail, send your completed application form along with supporting documents to one of these addresses:
Learn how to apply for the correct visa for Gabon
The Gabon visa application process is not complicated.
You will need to provide proof of your travel itinerary, a passport photo, and some documentation that proves you are who you say you are.
You can learn more about the Gabon visa requirements by visiting your country’s embassy website.