Here are some tips and tricks for obtaining a Ghana Visa:
Visit the Ghanaian Embassy.
If you’re in Ghana, the fastest way to apply for a Ghana visa is to visit your nearest embassy.
You’ll need to bring your passport, a completed visa application form and supporting documents to get one.
But, this isn’t always possible if you don’t have time or money on your side. So what other options are there?
Submit application form and documents.
Documents required for Ghana Visa application:
- Application form
- The passport is valid for at least 6 months after your trip.
- Two passport-sized photos. The photos must be taken within the last three months, on a white background and in either colour or black and white.
- Proof of travel insurance that includes medical coverage with a minimum amount of USD 15,000 per person for medical treatment and emergency repatriation/evacuation expenses resulting from illness or accident, including costs related to medical evacuation by air ambulance (where available), in case you need it during your trip to Ghana.
You must also provide proof of sufficient funds – USD 250 per day – for your stay in Ghana (the total amount should be $2,500).
If you are staying at a hotel or resort, they will provide an official receipt stating that they can accommodate you, which is used as proof of accommodation.
At the same time, the visa application process takes place, but if not, please contact us so we can help you get one as soon as possible!
Pay the Ghana Visa fee.
Once you’ve completed the online visa application process and you are ready to pay the Ghana visa fee, follow these steps:
- Go to “My Case Status Online” on this website and select your application type.
- Click “Make Payment” at the bottom of the page and enter your payment details to make a credit card payment for your visa fee (a non-refundable $129 processing fee will apply). You can make payments using either Ghanaian cedis or US dollars, but we recommend using cedis as exchange rates fluctuate between these two currencies. The amount owed will be based on what type of visa you are applying for and whether any surcharges are associated with it (which will also be listed on this website).
Wait to receive your passport back from the Ghanaian Embassy.
You will have to wait for your passport to be processed at the embassy. The embassy will send a letter with your visa (if approved) or a rejection letter.
You can track the status of your application by visiting the Ghanaian Embassy website and entering your passport number or email address.
Note that it can take anywhere from 2-4 business days for them to process your application, so this is something you should keep in mind when applying for an E-Visa.
Visiting the Ghanaian Embassy is the fastest way to get a Ghana Visa.
Visiting the Ghanaian Embassy is the fastest way to get a Ghana Visa. The most convenient way to get a Ghana Visa. The most reliable way to get a Ghana Visa
The Last Word
Although there are other ways to get a visa, visiting the Ghanaian Embassy is the fastest.
Depending on your location, it only takes a few hours and can be done in person or online.
Suppose you are unable to visit the embassy in person.
In that case, you will have to mail your application materials so that someone else can do it for you on behalf of your company or organization.