Guyana Visa Requirements: A valid passport is required for all travellers. The passport must be valid for at least six months after entry into Guyana and should have at least two blank pages.
Your passport should also be valid for at least six months from the date of exit from Guyana.
If your passport does not meet these requirements, you may need to replace it before travelling to Guyana.
One Guyana visa application form is completed and signed.
- Download the visa application form from this website and fill in the form completely and sign it.
- Include a passport-sized photo that bears your name, date of birth and signature
- Include the fee for the processing of your visa application (as indicated on your bank statement)
- Include a valid passport with at least 6 months validity remaining (or if you are applying for a multiple entry visa, include an expired passport)
One recent passport-size photograph
To apply for a visa, you will need to provide a recent passport-size colour photograph that meets the following specifications:
- It must be full face and taken against a plain white background.
- The photo size should not exceed 35mm x 45mm (1 3/8 in X 1 3/4 in).
- The head and shoulders only should be visible.
Confirmed return ticket
As part of your visa application, you’ll need to provide a confirmed return ticket for the same date as your visa.
This airline or cruise line confirmation can be downloaded from their website.
When you book your flight, ask about options for printing out a ticket buy confirmation in case you need it later.
The return ticket must be in your name and for the same class of travel as the one indicated by your visa (i.e., economy or business).
The airline issuing the confirmation must have an agreement with Guyana’s Ministry of Tourism and Immigration Department; otherwise, they won’t be able to issue this document.
If this is not possible, you’ll need to buy a new flight on another carrier—but keep in mind that doing so may invalidate any refund policies associated with your original ticket buy (though there are no guarantees).
It also helps if both tickets are purchased at once—the return flight should be booked before leaving Guyana, so there won’t be any problems returning home later on down south!
Proof of hotel accommodation or letter of invitation from the host in Guyana if staying with friends or relatives.
If you are staying with friends or relatives, you must provide proof of hotel accommodation or a letter of invitation from your host.
Different visas have different requirements.
The requirements for each type of visa are different, so you must know which one applies to your situation.
Not all visas require the same paperwork—some may ask for more or less than others.
Visa requirements can also change, and the embassy where you apply might not have the same documents or forms as another embassy in your country or region.