Honduras has become a popular destination for travellers thanks to its beautiful beaches, friendly people, and rich culture.
But, Honduras is still part of Central America and requires all visitors to have a Honduran visa before arrival.
To help you get this visa in no time, we’ve put together five simple steps to make getting your Honduran visa as easy as possible!
Step 1: Check if you need a Honduras visa.
Before applying for a Honduras visa, you need to check if you are eligible.
All Hondurans living in the United States are exempt from visa requirements. You will also be exempt from visa requirements if:
- You hold a valid United States passport and have an entry need issued by the Embassy of Honduras in Washington D.C.; or
- You plan to stay in Honduras for less than 30 days as a tourist, visitor or transit passenger and have proof of enough funds to meet your needs during your stay.
Step 2: Check the visa validity and duration of stay
The visa validity and stay duration depend on your visit’s purpose.
If you visit family or friends, you can stay up to 90 days. If you are visiting for business or employment, you can stay up to 180 days (there is a 30-day extension available).
While there are exceptions to this rule, and depending on which embassy/consulate you apply with, any traveller must check their specific visa requirements before travelling to Honduras.
Step 3: Get your travel documents together and make copies.
You will want to gather all your travel documents together before applying for the visa. Make sure that you have:
- Your passport
- Your driver’s license (or any other form of photo ID)
- A copy of your birth certificate or equal document
- A copy of your marriage certificate, if applicable (if it doesn’t exist, then include a letter explaining that)
Step 4: Make an appointment to apply for your visa.
- Make an appointment. You can book an appointment online at the website of the Honduran embassy or consulate.
- Book your appointment at a Honduran embassy or consulate in your home country if you’re travelling to Honduras from another country. If you’re only travelling through Honduras and then continuing to other destinations, book your appointment at a Honduran embassy or consulate in that city instead.
- You must present a valid passport when applying for visas. If your passport is soon expiring, it’s essential to renew it before heading off on vacation so that you have time to get used to having it again before leaving!
Step 5: Complete your application, turn it in on your appointment date, and pay the fee.
- Turn your application in on the date and time of your appointment.
- Pay the fee. Fees vary depending on how you need your visa.
- Bring a copy of your passport, as well as any more documentation requested for the visa type you are applying for; an itinerary showing where you will be staying and travelling to (if applicable); copies of flight details; and any other documents that might be relevant to your application.
With the help of this article, you should be able to get a Honduras visa in no time. Remember that the process is straightforward.
Follow each step so that nothing gets missed along the way. Once you have completed all five stages of obtaining your Honduras visa, it will be time for your trip!
- Haiti Visa Requirements and Application
- How to Get a Fiji Visa for Cheap
- Easy to Apply for Djibouti Visa [eVisa]
- Dominican Republic Visa, How to Apply
- Congo Visa Application Guidance
- Serbia Visa – Apply for a Serbian Visa Easily
- The Easiest Way to Get a Sierra Leone Visa
- Solomon Islands Visa Application Requirements
- Apply for a South Sudan Visa Online [eVisa]
- How to Apply for a Suriname Visa Online [eVisa]