Travelling must obtain a Kiribati Visa unless they come from one of the 73 visa-exempt countries.
Kiribati is a group of islands in the Pacific Ocean. It has a total land area of 2,250 square kilometres and a population of 100,000 people.
Most of the inhabitants live in South Tarawa, the capital city. There are also about 135 outer islands that belong to Kiribati.
The official language spoken here is Gilbertese (a Polynesian language), although some people use English and New Zealand Sign Language daily.
What is Kiribati Visa?
Kiribati is an island country located in the Central Pacific Ocean. It is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations and a former British colony.
The country’s capital city is Tarawa, located on South Tarawa Island. To travel to Kiribati as a tourist, you must first get a visa.
Visa Application Requirements
The below information is for foreign nationals who wish to travel to Kiribati:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You need to prove your identity and nationality.
- You will also have to show that you have enough money to cover your stay in Kiribati and proof of return or onward travel arrangements.
How to Apply for Kiribati Visa
You can apply for a visa for Kiribati in one of the following ways:
- Online through the web portal of the Embassy or Consulate.
- In person at an embassy or consulate.
- Through a mail service to the embassy or consulate-general.
Kiribati Visa Application Cost
For the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand nationals, the fee for a visa application is $100 for the first applicant and $50 for each more applicant.
The following countries are required to pay $100 per visa application:
The following countries are required to pay $150 per visa application:
- Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
Kiribati Visa Processing Time
Kiribati visa processing time is 14 business days.
ALL VISAS DON’T COST THE SAME
One of the most important things about the Kiribati visa process is that it’s not cheap.
If you compare Kiribati visas to other countries, they may seem pretty cheap at first glance.
But, the cost adds up when you consider how much time and money it takes to get a visa from Kiribati.
- You’ll need to pay for your flight (often several hundred dollars). This can be much more expensive than travelling by boat or plane if you’re coming from another island nation like Fiji or Papua New Guinea.
- While there are no hotels in most towns outside of Tarawa and South Tarawa (the capital), there are guesthouses where people stay before their visa application is approved or denied (usually $25-$40 per night). That might not seem like much until you realize that many applicants have to wait weeks before hearing back on their applications—and some may even be asked for more documents!
- Kyrgyzstan Visa: How to Apply for an eVisa
- Apply for Kazakhstan Visa with Ease [eVisa]
- Apply for a Kenya Visa Online [eVisa]
- Kuwait Visa: How to Apply Online [eVisa]
- Apply for Japan Visa Online [ Application Guide ]
- Jordan Visa – How to Get One Jordan Pass
- Get a Jamaica Visa in 5 Simple Steps
- How to Get a Honduras Visa in 5 Simple Steps
- Haiti Visa Requirements and Application
- How to Get a Fiji Visa for Cheap