A Latvia visa is easy to get, but you should know a few things before setting up an appointment with the Embassy or consulate.
Here are nine ways to make sure your application goes off without a hitch:
1. Fill out the application form online.
The first step is to fill out the application form online.
You will need a valid passport and an email address, which you can use to receive updates about when your visa is ready for collection from the Embassy.
You will also be asked for personal information such as name, gender, date of birth (or document number), nationality/nationality group, travel details including flight itinerary/departure date, financial information such as bank account details and proof of residency (e.g., utility bills).
2. Gather all supporting documents like your passport, photos, proof of health insurance, etc.
Gather all supporting documents like your passport, photos, proof of health insurance, etc.
The list of required documents is quite long and includes:
- A copy of your passport with a blank visa page (this is not a photo).
- Proof that you have enough money to support yourself during the period in Latvia (a bank statement with your name on it).
3. Pay the Latvia Visa fee and get a receipt.
To pay your Latvian visa fee, you can do so via bank transfer or credit card payment.
Payment must be made in euros (EUR). You will receive a receipt that includes:
- The reference number of the Embassy or Consulate where you received your invitation letter;
- An account number; and
- The amount paid and currency involved – i.e., EUR
4. Set up an appointment with the Embassy or consulate for an interview and submission of your documents.
If there are no special instructions, you should check the website of the Embassy or consulate that is processing your visa application to see if there is a special appointment system for visa applications or interviews.
You may also want to ask other Latvian citizens who have recently been granted visas about what they experienced during their applications and interviews.
Prepare yourself when it comes down to making yours happen!
5. Attend the appointment and submit your documents on time.
- Bring all required documents.
- Don’t forget to bring a copy of the receipt for payment, application form and invitation letter (if applicable).
- If you have received an invitation letter from Latvia, bring it along with your flight confirmation if possible.
6. Wait for further notice from the Embassy or consulate if any additional documents are required from you.
If your visa application is approved, it will be processed by our Embassy in Latvia and sent to a visa issuing office in your country of residence.
You will receive an official letter with details on how to proceed with processing your visa application at this point.
7. Pay the visa issuance fee once you’ve been approved for the visa issuance fee (if needed).
To pay the visa issuance fee, you must go to a government office in your municipality. The office will tell you how much it costs and where to pay.
You can also make an appointment online with them by using the website of their local consulate or Embassy in Latvia.
You’re responsible for paying this fee when your application has been approved, but some people want to know if they need to pay before they get their appointment.
The answer is yes! Suppose there is no way for us (the consulate) to confirm that everything has been done.
8. Track the status of your application until your passport is returned to you with a visa attached to it, usually through email or phone call (depending on how you set it up beforehand).
Once your application has been processed, you will receive an email or phone call from the Latvian Embassy informing you that your passport is ready for pickup.
Suppose you’re using a website like a biz doc to track the status of your application online and want to ensure everything’s going.
In that case, we recommend checking in every few days to see if any new information about your visa approval—this can help keep things on schedule.
Prepare all needed documents before setting up an appointment to expedite the process.
When you set up an appointment, have all your documents ready.
This will help expedite the process and ensure that you can take care of all requirements for a Latvian visa.
- Have all translations of your documents into English done before setting up an appointment to avoid delays with obtaining them at the Embassy or consulate. If possible, get them notarized as well!
The Last Word
In conclusion, getting a Latvian visa is straightforward if you follow these steps.
The next time you travel to Latvia, take advantage of all its benefits!