Malaysia is one of the most popular destinations for ex-pats.
You can live a comfortable life there, and getting a work visa is easy if you’re willing to move there.
The process is straightforward, but it does need some time and effort on your part.
In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about applying for a Malaysia Work Visa: from who needs one, how long you can stay in the country with one (and what your options are), and what is included in the application packet (and how long it takes), plus more!
Malaysia Work Visa Introduction
Malaysia Work Visa Introduction: The Malaysian government is looking for ex-pats willing to move there.
It’s a great place to live and work, so if you’re interested in moving abroad for a new job or career opportunity, consider applying for your next work visa!
Who needs a Malaysia Work Visa?
If you want to live and work in the country of Malaysia, this guide will explain what kind of documents are required before applying for one.
Who needs a Malaysia Work Visa?
If you are a citizen of a country that is not part of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), then you will need to apply for a Work Permit.
- You must be between 18 and 55 years old.
- You must have a valid passport and work permit before applying for this visa.
How to Apply for a Malaysian Work Visas
The Malaysia Work Visa application process is very simple. You need to submit the following documents:
- A passport or ID card
- Two photographs of yourself (one must be recent)
- Two copies of your application form, including all supporting documents and any other information requested by the Embassy or Consulate General
How Long Can You Stay in Malaysia with a Work Visa?
You can stay in Malaysia for up to three years with a work visa.
You must have been employed or self-employed during that time or be able to prove that your new job will pay you enough money for the duration of your stay.
Suppose you do not qualify for an ordinary work visa, but want to come and work here anyway.
In that case, it’s worth looking into other types of visas available under Malaysian immigration law:
Work Permit Specific – This is an individual’s visa which allows them to live and work in Malaysia under certain conditions (e.g., they must get permission from their employers). It provides greater flexibility than ordinary employment visas do because it allows people on this type of permit freedom over where they go while they’re here!
What is Included in the Application Packet?
The application packet should contain the following:
- A complete application form. This should include your name, passport number and end date, place of birth (and gender), and personal details such as an address, contact information and signature.
- Two passport photos taken within three months from the date of application for a Malaysia work visa will be required for processing purposes. Photos must be clear to permit identification when you apply for an entry visa at any port of entry in Malaysia or Singapore (except Peninsular Malaysia).
- Medical examination form completed by a qualified doctor or nurse practitioner who has examined you within one year before submitting your application; and proof that all vaccinations have been given against influenza type A/B viruses; hepatitis B virus; measles-mumps-rubella vaccine (MMR) or MMRV); varicella-zoster virus if applicable; polio vaccine if applicable; Tetanus booster if applicable
Malaysia is looking for ex-pats who are willing to move there.
Malaysia is a country that is looking for ex-pats to move there.
Applying for your visa will be based on the type of work you want to do and how long you plan to stay in Malaysia. You can either stay on a short or long-term basis.
Malaysia offers several different types of visas depending on your job and what kind of skillset your employer would like to see from their new employee.
If you’re an experienced professional who has worked abroad before then, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Last Word
So, if you’re looking for a new place to live, live and work in Malaysia with a work visa, this article is for you.
We will take you through all the steps to apply for one of these visas and all necessary documents required by the Malaysian government.
- Everything You Need to Know About Applying for a Malaysia Visa
- Romania Work Visa: How to Get a Work Permit
- South Korea Work Visa Requirements & Application
- A Guide to Singapore Work Visa – Apply Today
- Apply For A South Africa Work Visa, Visa Requirements
- How to Get a Turkey Work Visa with Ease
- How to Get a Bahrain Work Visa – An Effective Solution
- Get a Jordan work visa – Apply Today
- Kuwait Work Visa: How to Apply for a Work Permit in Kuwait
- How to Get a Saudi Arabia Work Visa