The Netherlands is a European country and one of the most popular destinations for travellers.
It has one of the most liberal immigration policies in Europe and allows visa-free travel for many nationals from different countries.
This article will cover all the required documents that must be submitted before applying for a Netherlands Visa.
Types of Netherlands Visa
There are several types of Netherlands visas, depending on your purpose and the length of stay in the country.
- Tourist Visa: This is valid for up to 90 days and gives you permission to enter, exit and remain in the Netherlands. It can also be extended once if needed.
- Business Visa: If you plan on doing business in Holland or looking for investment opportunities there, this visa will help open doors for your business dealings with Dutch companies and institutions by providing access to local talent pools and financial support from local investors.
The following documents are required for a Netherlands Visa:
- Passport valid for at least 90 days after the end of your trip (not expired)
- At least one blank page for the visa
- Two passport-size photos, white background and neutral expression with a camera that takes high-resolution photos
- Proof of travel health insurance coverage in case you get sick or injured while travelling abroad.
Steps to applying for a Netherlands Visas
To apply for a Netherlands visa, you will need to:
- Check if you need a visa to enter the Netherlands.
- Find out if you need a visa to enter the Netherlands.
Track your application
Track your application:
Check the status of your application:
You can track the status of your visa application from within the Dutch Embassy website.
You should be able to check if there are any changes in it or if anything is missing.
Check processing time:
You can track how long your visa will take to process by checking with a Dutch Embassy or Consulate or by calling them at their toll-free number (if available).
It may take up to six months before receiving an answer on whether you qualify for a Netherlands extended-stay visa, so don’t give up hope yet!
A Schengen visa is required to enter the Netherlands.
A Schengen visa allows the holder to travel to and stay in the Schengen area for 90 days or 180 days.
It also provides free movement across most of Europe’s internal borders, including those between European countries (except Andorra, Liechtenstein and Monaco).
The Last word
If you are planning to visit the Netherlands, you need to check your visa requirements.
You can also go through the application procedure for a Schengen visa and get it processed fast!