If you’re considering moving to New Zealand, you’ve heard about the country’s popularity.
It’s a beautiful place and is known for its sustainable tourism industry.
But it also has some of the most restrictive immigration policies in the world—which can be frustrating for anyone who wants to relocate there.
There are plenty of ways to get around these restrictions (including applying for a work visa), but they require patience, planning, and money!
Apply for the correct visa
- Apply for the correct visa
The first step to applying for a New Zealand work visa is to ensure you have applied for the correct type of visa.
The New Zealand Immigration website has the most recent information about visas, but it can sometimes be difficult to navigate and understand.
These are the steps to applying for a New Zealand Work Visa.
- Apply for the correct visa.
- Gather your supporting documents.
Pay the application fee and submit your online application form by following these steps:
- Select from one of our secure payment options;
- Enter your payment details;
- Submit the completed form and any accompanying materials (if required).
Gather your supporting documents
To apply for a work visa in New Zealand, you’ll need to submit the following documents:
- A passport with at least six months of validity remaining (in case it expires before your visa is granted)
- Police certificate (if you’ve ever been arrested or convicted of a crime)
- Medical certificate (a letter from your doctor stating that any conditions listed on it are current and do not prevent you from working)
- Proof of funds – If possible, include recent bank statements showing how much money has been deposited into your account over the last two years. You can also provide tax returns if they’re available online.
Pay the application fee.
The application fee is $100, which you can pay by credit card or bank cheque.
Applying for a work visa will be processed within two weeks of your application being received by Immigration New Zealand (INZ).
You should receive an email from INZ confirming this within one week of submitting your application and payment details.
Submit the application form and visa application fee online
The next step is to submit your application form and visa application fee online. To do this, visit the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment website and follow these instructions:
- Log in with your username and password (if you don’t have one yet, create a new account here)
- Click on “Apply for Work Visa” in the left-hand menu bar.
- Read through all the information on this page before beginning; many things need to be completed for your application to be successful!
Wait for a decision on your visa.
Once you have submitted your application and paid the fee, it can take several weeks or months before you are notified of a decision.
If this happens, check the status of your application online and contact us if you have any questions. We’ll be happy to help!
The Last Word
As you can see, applying for a New Zealand Work Visa is pretty straightforward.
You only need to gather your documents, pay the application fee and submit your application form online.
Once you have submitted the form, wait for approval or rejection from the New Zealand Immigration Service.
If approved, then congratulations! You can travel to New Zealand as soon as possible so get ready!
- Applying for a New Zealand Visa: Requirements and Process
- Romania Work Visa: How to Get a Work Permit
- South Korea Work Visa Requirements & Application
- A Guide to Singapore Work Visa – Apply Today
- Apply For A South Africa Work Visa, Visa Requirements
- How to Get a Turkey Work Visa with Ease
- How to Get a Bahrain Work Visa – An Effective Solution
- Get a Jordan work visa – Apply Today
- Kuwait Work Visa: How to Apply for a Work Permit in Kuwait
- How to Get a Saudi Arabia Work Visa