Getting a Rwandan visa is a simple process that involves submitting an application and waiting for processing.
This guide will walk you through the steps of applying for your Rwandan visa and explain how to avoid delays in receiving it.
Visit a consulate or embassy.
The first step towards obtaining a visa is to visit the Rwanda Embassy in your country and submit your application.
Fill out and apply.
Once you’ve decided to apply for a Rwandan visa, the next step is to fill out the application form.
You can download this online or pick up a copy at any Rwanda immigration office.
Once you have completed the application form and paid your fee, you’ll need to submit it either by mail or in-person (if applying at an embassy or consulate).
All applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis, so you must complete your application as possible so that your documents will be processed before they close.
Suppose there are no recent updates about processing time frames in the “Visa Requirements” section above.
In that case, it is recommended that applicants submit their applications no less than three months before their trip date.
Wait for Rwandan Visa processing.
- Visa processing takes at least a week and can take longer if you submit your visa application in person.
- If you’re submitting your visa application by mail, it may take ten days to process.
- If you’re submitting your visa application by fax, it may take up to three weeks for the embassy to receive and process it.
Receive the visa
The visa can be valid for multiple entries, or it may be a single-entry visa. It will also have an end date; this is the earliest date you can enter Rwanda.
If your visa is valid for multiple entries, you have the opportunity to enter Rwanda several times within this period on the same passport.
But, if your visa is a single-entry one, then once you leave Rwanda, you cannot re-enter until that same validity period has passed (e.g., if your visa allows re-entry after three months, then you would need to wait three months before returning).
All information on your Rwandan visa must match exactly with what appears on your passport so that immigration officers can verify it when checking into transit at Kigali International Airport in Rwanda:
- Date of birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Sex (Male / Female)
- Passport number
Getting a Rwandan visa is easy but takes time.
Getting a Rwandan visa is easy, but it takes time. The government of Rwanda issues visas to Rwanda and, therefore, must be applied for in person at an authorized Rwandan mission (embassy or consulate).
You’ll need to submit:
- A completed application form includes all personal information (name, age etc.) as well as details about where you’re staying in Rwanda and what type of activities you plan on doing there (sightseeing, volunteering at an orphanage etc.). The application form must also include a passport photo of yourself with your name written below it so that officials know to who they’re issuing visas.
- Payment for processing fees – this varies depending on how many days before departure your visa was requested, so check with them before submitting payment.
Proofs that demonstrate why they need these documents, such as proof that they’ve paid taxes back home because sometimes people try getting away without paying taxes first, which is illegal but happens anyway because everyone gets lazy sometimes even though this country has low crime rate compared other places like New York City where I’m from so we don’t need any more guns here anyways.
The Last Word
The process for applying for a Rwandan visa is straightforward, but it does take time.
You’ll need to research and visit the consulate or embassy in person.
Once you have your application, please wait until it’s approved before departing to collect your passport with its shiny new stamp! You can find more information about this process here.
- Timor Leste Visa – Apply for A Timor-Leste Visa Online
- Tonga Visa Requirements: What You Need to Know
- Tuvalu Visa for Tourists and Business Visitors
- 5 Tips for Applying for a Trinidad and Tobago Visa
- Easy Way to Get a Togo Visa
- Tanzania Visa: How to Get a Tanzania eVisa in Easy Steps
- Tunisia Visa: How to Apply for a Visa to Tunisia
- The Complete Guide to Applying for a Turkmenistan Visa
- Tajikistan Visa: How to Apply and What You Need to Know
- Make Applying for an Azerbaijan Visa Easy with These Tips