Singapore Visa Requirements and Application Guidance – All You Need to Know
Singapore is a melting pot of different cultures, offering many opportunities for travellers to indulge in their passions.
Whether you are an adventure enthusiast looking for the best that nature offers or someone who loves soaking up the culture, Singapore has something for everyone!
If you want to enjoy all that Singapore offers, you need to apply for a Singapore visa. Let’s find out how you can apply for one and prepare for your lifetime trip!
How to Apply for a Singapore Visa?
If you wish to visit Singapore, here’s how to go about applying for a visa:
- Apply online at ica.gov.sg.
- It takes up to 3 working days to process your application, so make sure you apply with enough time before your intended travel date.
- You must upload your passport photo and pay the visa fee by credit card (no other payment method is accepted).
- Please print out the confirmation page from the online application system and take it along with all your supporting documents when visiting an Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officer in person at their office in Singapore or any overseas Singapore diplomatic mission (see below).
- You may be asked questions regarding your purpose of visit, and whether you have complied with all visa requirements, so please ensure that both these aspects are taken care of before visiting an ICA officer’s office or embassy/high commission; otherwise, they might refuse entry into Singapore on arrival!
Who Needs a Singapore Visa?
Citizens of most countries will need to apply for a Singapore visa. The following countries have a visa-free agreement with Singapore:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Laos PDR (People’s Democratic Republic)
General Eligibility Criteria for a Singapore Visas
To apply for a Singapore visa, you must be a citizen of a country that is not on the list of countries that must have a visa.
You must also be travelling to Singapore for a purpose that is not employment-related.
Finally, your passport must be valid for at least six months after your planned departure from Singapore.
Types of Singapore Visa
There are several types of Singapore visas, including:
- Work Visa
- Study Visa
- Family Visa/Dependant’s Pass
- Permanent Residence (PR) Visa
- Transit Visa
- Crew Visa/Crewman’s Pass
Entertainment Work Permit and Entitlement to Enter Singapore Without a Work Permit (EWP) – This applies when you are working and not performing any other activities in Singapore. If you want to perform any other activities or take up employment at the same time as your entertainment work, then you will need an EWP.
A social visit pass is issued if someone wants to visit Singapore for less than 30 days without engaging in any employment or business activities during their stay here.
The social visit pass may also be granted if someone intends to visit friends or family members without engaging in any employment or business activities during their stay here.
Documents Required for a Singapore Visa Application
To apply for a Singapore visa, you’ll need to submit the following documents:
- A passport that is valid for at least six months. If your passport expires within three months, you will be required to submit an application form with a copy of your valid visa and proof of employment or education in Singapore.
- Two passport-sized photographs of yourself taken recently (or another identity document).
- The appropriate application form for the kind of visa you’re requesting can be obtained from the website of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- You may also apply through an authorized travel agent or at any one of their offices across Asia.
- If applying online and paying by credit card, more charges will be incurred by ICA at $3 per entry into Singapore.
Payment for the visa fee; this fee differs according to various factors, including nationality and purpose of visit (see table below).
For example, if applying as an individual visitor seeking medical treatment in Singapore but without any intention to work or study during their stay on a single entry basis with no extensions possible before the departure date, then expect around SGD100 per person per night stay, which includes health insurance coverage while staying inside country borders based on length specified on the particular type chosen so go here: linky!
Processing Time and Fee for a Singapore Visa Application
Singapore visa application processing time is seven days.
- The Singapore visa application fee is S$30.
- The fee may be paid by credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Singapore visa application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable unless the applicant has completed the Singapore Visa Application Form in English.
The Last Word
Singapore welcomes visitors and holiday-makers from all over the world. They want your business and investing in their country.
- How to Apply for a Qatar Visa: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Get a Thailand Visa in Less Than a Week
- How to Apply for UAE Visa, Everything You Need to Know
- Applying for a Canada Visa Online: The Ultimate Guide
- Australia Visa Application: How to Apply Online
- How to Apply for a US Visa: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Applying for a UK Visa is Easy – Do it Online!
- Applying for Global Entry: 5 Tips to Get Approved
- Everything You Need to Know About Applying for a Schengen Visa
- Essential Documents You Need for Travel in the EU