Slovakian students are an essential part of the country’s economy.
Also, to attend university, many students work in Slovakia while studying.
The Slovakian government has introduced several benefits for students and their families that make it worth considering studying there in 2019.
This guide will help you understand how to apply for a student visa and what documents you need and enable you to decide if this is the best move for your career goals.
Who needs a student visa for Slovakia?
- You must have a valid student visa to study in Slovakia.
- You must have a valid passport with at least six months remaining on it.
- You must be at least 18 years old and not older than 22 on the date of application.
You must have enough money to support yourself while studying abroad—this amount varies depending on what city and country you plan on living in during your stay; but students usually need around $600 per month if they’re living alone or $1,200 per month if they’re sharing an apartment with others who will be attending university there as well.
How to apply for a student visa to Slovakia
There are five steps to applying for a student visa:
- The first step is to fill out the application form. This is available on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (https://www.mzv.sk). You can also print and fill it out by hand or use a typewriter pen if you wish.
- The second step is to submit two passport photos, which should be taken within three months of applying for your visa.
- The third step involves submitting proof that both you and another person living with whom have applied together made enough money per month during school terms/semesters this year and next year+ until graduation day arrives at last.
What you will need to apply
To apply for a student visa, you will need to provide the following:
- A valid passport.
- Proof of funds (for example, bank statements or pay slips) can support your expenses while in Slovakia.
- Proof of health insurance coverage for yourself and any dependents travelling with you.
- A letter from your school confirms that you have been accepted as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited institution in Slovakia.
Entry into Slovakia and student residence permit
Before you travel to Slovakia, it is essential to know that you must apply for a visa before you travel.
You can apply for a student residence permit online at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
You will need a valid passport and all the documents required for your application. These include:
- A valid passport with at least two blank pages in it
- Your birth certificate or proof of identity (such as an alien’s registration card)
- Documents proving that you are a student or working towards becoming one (e.g., diploma, degree certificates)
If your student visa has been issued by another country than Slovakia but not yet entered into force (i.e., if there is no entry date), it must be stamped on arrival at an immigration checkpoint along with other passengers’ passports by immigration officers who check them against their lists before allowing them entry into Slovakia.
To study in Slovakia, you must have a valid student visa.
To study in Slovakia, you must have a valid student visa. The student visa is only valid for the duration of your course.
If you cannot complete all or part of your course within this period, then it will be extended and cancelled by the Slovak Government.
If you want to work while studying at university, then you must apply for an employment permit before starting any courses at any institution (private or public).
The Last Word
To study in Slovakia, you must have a valid student visa. The process is quite simple and can be done online.
But, before applying for one, ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months.