Welcome to Somalia visa online. We are here to help you get a visa for your travels to Somalia. You will find all the necessary information to help you with the application process.
If you are a citizen of an EU country, the Schengen Area or the European Union, you do not need a visa to enter Somalia.
But, suppose you have another citizenship and are travelling on a passport that is NOT from one of these areas (including your own).
In that case, you will need to apply for a visa before entering Somalia.
Types of Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Medical Treatment Visa
- Religious purposes visa
- Journalists, Researchers and Media Crews wish to visit Somalia for business purposes.
- Employment Visas (Employment/Work Permits).
- Family Reunification Visas.
Note: You cannot apply for a family reunification visa online. Please contact your nearest Somali Embassy or Consulate in your country if you wish to apply for a family reunification visa.
- Passport: Your passport must have at least six months of validity and two blank pages.
- Photo: You must attach a photo with your visa application. The photo size should be 35mm x 45mm (the size is generally printed on the back of your ID).
- Visa Application Online.
- Invitation Letter: An invitation letter from our partner hotel(s) must be submitted along with your application form when applying for this visa service as proof that you have already paid for accommodation during your stay in Somalia (if applicable). The formal invitation letter should include information about arrival and departure dates, confirmed hotel reservations, name and contact details of the inviting person/organization, purpose/duration of visit etc.
- 2-3 days: If you apply for a visa at the embassy or consulate in your home country, this is how long it will take.
- 1-2 days: If you apply for a visa on arrival (at airports), this is how long it will take.
- 2-3 hours: If you apply for an eVisa, this is how long it will take to be approved and emailed to you.
- 24-48 hours: If you’re applying for a business or tourist visa through an online agency that offers expedited processing services (such as VisaHQ), this is how long it will take before they email you your approval letter with instructions on where to collect your actual temporary passport. Once they send the email, go back and book your flight ticket through them so they can get their cut of the profits from doing so!
- 72-96 hours: This is what we call “standard” processing time—if there’s no backlog or other delays due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control like civil wars breaking out near where we live, then everything goes enough during those three days. Hence, none of us has anything else come up between now and when all our visas finally arrive at our homes/offices/other locations (depending on what kind of service one uses).
The price of your Somalia visa depends on the method you use. This is generally free if you are eligible to receive your visa on arrival at the airport.
But suppose you plan on applying for an e-visa. In that case, this will cost $30 per person and must be paid online before receiving your electronic document from the Embassy of Somalia in Washington D.C.
If you wish to apply for a Somali visa at an embassy or consulate within Europe or Asia (excluding India), it will cost approximately €80 per person; But this does not include courier delivery services and should be confirmed with each consulate before completing payment.
You can get a Visa-Free to travel to Somalia.
You can get a visa to travel to Somalia. The process is simple and hassle-free, as it’s free and issued within 24 hours at the airport or port of entry.
You’ll need your passport when you arrive at one of these locations, so be sure to bring it along on your trip!
The visa is also available at borders and consulates, but the process can take several days (sometimes weeks).
The Last Word
In conclusion, you can travel to Somalia with a visa. The visa application process is relatively straightforward, and there are no restrictions on the number of times you can apply.
The cost of a visa depends on the type you want and how long it lasts. It’s important to note that visitors from certain countries may need a more entry permit to enter Somalia, so check this before applying for your visa.
- How to Apply for a Senegal Visa
- Sri Lanka Visa – Easy Application Process
- How to Get a Saudi Arabia Visa: The Ultimate Guide
- How to Get a Sudan Visa Online
- South Korea Visa: The Easy Way to Travel
- South Africa Visa – Apply Online
- Applying for a Seychelles Visa: Requirements and Tips
- San Marino Visa Information & Requirements
- Oman Visa Application Online (eVisa)
- Russian Visa: A step-by-step guide to applying for a Russia e-visa