Learn how to get a visa for South Sudan. Find out the requirements for access and what steps to take to apply.
Eligibility for South Sudan Visa
To be eligible for a South Sudan visa, you must be a citizen of a country that isn’t on the visa-free list.
You must also be travelling to South Sudan for tourism, business, or humanitarian purposes.
Additionally, your passport must be valid, and you’ll need access to a credit card to complete the application process online.
Application for Visa
- You can apply for a South Sudan visas online.
- You can apply for a South Sudan visa at the embassy or consulate.
- You can apply for a South Sudan visa by post.
You can apply for a South Sudan visa at the airport on arrival, but only if you have obtained an eVisa before your trip, printed it out, and brought it with you. Note that some airlines do not accept eVisas as proof of travel authorization (please check with your airline).
Requirements for South Sudan Visas
- Passport: The passport should be valid for at least six months.
- Return ticket: A photocopy of your return ticket is required.
- Hotel reservation: You will need to provide a hotel booking confirmation from a hotel in South Sudan with your name or an electronic receipt that the hotel has issued. If you do not have this, you can submit proof that you have paid for the accommodation in South Sudan and are booked there.
- Itinerary: Your itinerary is essential as it shows where and when you plan on visiting South Sudan. If necessary, we recommend printing copies of any flight itineraries or train tickets showing when and where they’ll be taken (for example, flight number 903). This can help prove to immigration officials that you are travelling with intent rather than stopping over on a trip around Africa without any purpose other than exploring the continent’s beauty!
Types of Visa
South Sudan Visas types are:
- Single Entry Visa: This visa is granted to those who need to enter and exit the country once during the validity period. It can be used to enter, leave and return to South Sudan within its validity period.
- Multiple Entry Visa: This visa allows holders to enter and exit South Sudan multiple times within its period of validity. Holders can stay in South Sudan for 30 days at a time on each entry into the country until the expiry date stamped on their passport.
- Transit Visas are issued for travellers who want to pass through one or more countries without stopping at any transit point along the route from their origin or destination (i.e., travelling from Point A; via Point B; back home again). The maximum number of days allowed for such travel is three weeks per trip unless otherwise stated by law enforcement officers upon arrival at an airport or border checkpoint when entering South Sudan territory with a transit visa issued outside this African nation’s borders (for example: if you enter via Ethiopia).
Cost of Visa
- The South Sudan visa cost is $100 (SINGLE ENTR).
- The SouthSudan visa cost is $200 for 3 months (MULTIPLE ENTRY).
- The South Sudan visa cost is $350 for 6 months (MULTIPLE ENTRY).
Processing Time for Visa
Processing time for a South Sudan visa is dependent on the country of origin. It can take up to 10 days or as little as 24 hours. The processing time ranges from 1 hour to 2 hours in most cases, depending on the country.
The Last Word
Apply for a visa to enter South Sudan as an individual or with a group.
- How to Apply for a Suriname Visa Online [eVisa]
- Get Somalia Visa Online with a Hassle-Free Process
- How to Apply for a Senegal Visa
- Sri Lanka Visa – Easy Application Process
- How to Get a Saudi Arabia Visa: The Ultimate Guide
- How to Get a Sudan Visa Online
- South Korea Visa: The Easy Way to Travel
- South Africa Visa – Apply Online
- Applying for a Seychelles Visa: Requirements and Tips
- San Marino Visa Information & Requirements