Spain Work Visa: How to Get a Work Visa for Spain

Spain is a great place to work and live.

If you are considering moving to Spain, this guide will provide all the information you need to get a Spain work visa so that you can begin working in your dream country as soon as possible!

1) Spain Work Visa Application Checklist

  • You need a valid passport.
  • You need a valid work permit.
  • You need a valid contract with your employer in Spain.
  • The company needs to issue a temporary residence permit for you, which will enable you to stay in Spain on an EU-based visa or residence permit for up to 90 days (or more if needed) until the end of your employment contract with them.

2) Types of Jobs You Can Get in Spain

There are several types of jobs you can get in Spain. You could work as a tourist guide or as an au pair.

You could also become a caregiver and work for families with children learning English or Spanish.

Or, do you want to teach English at schools around the country?

Some nurses are available through agencies, but if you don’t speak much Spanish (or any language), it might be best to find someone who speaks your native tongue before applying for this type of position—and make sure they provide all necessary paperwork related with getting their license approved by local authorities.

If engineering sounds like something that interests you more than teaching English does, then becoming an engineer sounds like a good way forward—but again: make sure there’s enough money involved when considering whether this option makes sense!

3) Working Holiday Visas in Spain

You can apply for a working holiday visa if you’re a citizen of Australia, Canada, New Zealand or South Korea and are between 18 and 30 years old.

This allows you to live and work in Spain for up to 12 months.

The requirements for this type of visa include:

  • You must be between 18-30 years old when applying;
  • You must have a valid passport;
  • Your home country must recognize Spanish citizenship (for example, if your home country doesn’t recognize dual nationality, then it’s likely that they won’t recognize your Spanish one either);
  • You should have enough money saved up before leaving, which could range anywhere from €500 – €1000 depending on how long it takes until you arrive at your destination country;

4) How to Apply for a Spanish Work Visa?

You’re almost there! Now that you have a job in Spain, it’s time to apply for your work visa.

To do this, you must visit the Spanish consulate closest to your home or work (the nearest New York City).

There are several ways that people get their visas stamped at the consulate before they leave:

  • Tourists can apply online and pay by credit card, but this option is only available if they plan on staying less than 90 days.

They also need proof of health insurance coverage while travelling abroad; if not, they must purchase travel insurance through an agent specializing in temporary travel insurance policies before going through airport security or entering any other country’s customs checkpoint (this applies even if there isn’t any official endorsement from UHN).

  • Individuals invited by companies based outside of Europe may apply using their home address if it doesn’t change during their trip.

5) How to Renew Your Spanish Residence Permit?

If you wish to renew your Spanish residence permit, you must do so at the Spanish consulate in your country of residence.

In some cases, this may be an embassy or high commission.

If you are a non-EU citizen and have the proper visa to be able to renew your permit, then this is where you will go for renewal.

Here’s how to get a Spanish work visa.

Getting a work visa is straightforward but can be a little confusing.

If you’re thinking about applying for a Spanish work visa, here’s what to expect:

  • The first step is to fill out an application form with your employer and submit it to the nearest consulate office in Spain. Your employer must provide proof of their business license and tax ID number (CIF).
  • If this doesn’t sound familiar yet—and it might not even seem like something worth doing, don’t worry! There are plenty of other ways to get money into your account without going through this process again, so don’t lose hope!
The Last Word

And that’s it! We hope this guide has helped familiarise you with applying for a work visa in Spain.

Remember, there are many more options than these two categories.

Other types include student visas and family reunification visas (spouses and children under 18), which may be good options if you have family in the country or plan to return after a while.

We recommend researching each type before making any final decisions about which ones would be best for your situation.

Suggested Articles