The Thai Elite Visa is an attractive option for anyone who wants to spend more time in Thailand.
It’s not about the convenience of applying online but also about the ease of travel and lifestyle that comes with it.
With this visa, you can live in Thailand without any restrictions or requirements—and that’s not something many other countries offer their citizens!
Who can apply for Thailand Elite Visa?
The Elite Visa program is open to foreign investors, entrepreneurs, and retirees interested in immigrating to Thailand.
Foreigners interested in investing in Thailand, including those who want to start a business, can apply for an Elite Visa.
That is introducing a new visa called the “Long-Term Resident (LTR) Visa,” Starting September 1, 2022, the Tourism Authority of Thailand is accepting applications for a 10-year long-term resident (LTR) visa.
Types of LTR Visa
LTR visas will be offered to foreigners:
- Wealthy Global Citizens,
- Wealthy Pensioners,
- Work-from-Thailand Professionals,
- and Highly-Skilled Professionals.
Spouses and dependents of LTR visa holders will also qualify for the same visas.
What are the requirements for foreigners applying for an Elite Visa?
To apply for an Elite Visa, you must have:
- A valid passport.
- A clean criminal record.
- A clean health record.
- A clean financial record (no debt or unpaid taxes).
What are the fees for an Elite Visa application?
An applicant needs to pay the following fees:
- THB200,000 for an application for a 10-year visa.
- A further fee of THB400,000 if you want to extend your stay beyond ten years.
Who is eligible for the 10-year ‘Thai Elite Visa’?
- foreign residents with USD 1 million or more in total assets;
- Over the previous two years, USD 80,000 or more in personal income and USD 500,000 or more were invested in Thailand.
- Foreign retirees earn at least USD 80,000 per year.
- Professionals who work from Thailand must have a personal income of at least USD 80,000 per year over the previous two years.
- At least five years of work experience, and be employed by a registered firm with at least USD 150 million in revenue over the previous three years.
- Professionals with a high skill level make at least USD 80,000 per year, are knowledgeable in the target industry and have at least five years of work experience.
- Spouses and offspring (under 20 years) of a Thai Elite ( LTR ) visa holder are also eligible (up to four dependants per visa holder).
A simple application process.
The application process for a Thai Elite Visa is straightforward.
There’s no need to show financial stability or prove Thai relationships or connections, as the visa will confirm your status.
You only need to provide details about your income and family living in Thailand—that’s it!
The application process can be completed online via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) website.
Once you’ve submitted all your documents, it takes about 15 days before you receive an email confirming that they were received at MoFA headquarters in Bangkok.
No need to show any proof of income or financial stability
You will not be required to show any income or financial stability proof.
You do not need to prove that you have a stable source of income, such as a job or bank account.
The Thai government does not require applicants on this visa type to provide evidence of their ability to maintain themselves in Thailand after their employment ends.
In addition, there is no requirement for an applicant on this visa type to demonstrate savings or investments outside the country for them to apply for this kind of visa; But, if your application does call for proof of savings/investments, then we recommend bringing those documents along with you when submitting your application at our office here in Los Angeles so we can verify them before approving it!
No need to prove Thai relationships or connections
- You do not need to prove your Thai relationship or connections.
- You do not need to prove financial stability.
- You do not have to show proof of income in Thailand.
- There is no requirement to prove that you have a job in Thailand!
An option for anyone who can afford it with no other criteria required
One of the main reasons to consider an elite visa is that it’s an option for anyone who can afford it, with no other criteria required.
The minimum requirement for Thai Elite Visa holders is a minimum of 1 million baht in their bank account (or paid income).
They also don’t need any proof of income or financial stability; if you’re starting in Thailand, this could be a massive advantage over others who have had more time here.
Also, unlike many other countries visas, there are no age limits (though your child needs to be under 16 years old) and no requirement that you have any Thai relationships or connections—which means even if you don’t speak much Thai or know anyone here already, this could still be worth pursuing!
It’s easy to see why the Thai Elite Visa appeals to people worldwide who want to spend more time in Thailand.
The Thai Elite Visa is a great way to visit Thailand and experience the country’s culture, cuisine and people.
The visa is an excellent opportunity for people worldwide who want to spend more time in Thailand.
The program is easy to understand and navigate, so you don’t have to worry about any paperwork when applying or renewing it.
You’ll be able to travel within the country without hassle with visas or other restrictions imposed by immigration officials (like those set on tourists).
The Last Word
If you are a qualified investor or have enough money to invest in Thailand, we can help you with your applications.
We hope you’ll find the information above helpful in your decision-making process, and we wish you luck on your trip!