Zambia is a country of beautiful nature and native wildlife. It is also straightforward to travel to; Zambia offers visa-free entry for nationals from more than 80 countries.
But, the visa application process may be intimidating for some. So, here’s what you need to know about getting a Zambian visa.
Zambian Visa Application Process
You can apply for an online Zambia visa or go to the embassy or consulate that has jurisdiction over your destination.
When you arrive at the embassy or consulate, you will present them with all required documentation and pay any applicable fees.
Visas may be obtained from 4:30 am to 2 pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Applications must be made in person and during office hours only–there is no provision for a weekend or after-hours processing of visa applications at the embassy or consulate.
Travel Document Requirement
You must have a valid passport to apply for a Zambian visa.
The passport must be valid for at least six months after the date of departure from Zambia, and it must have at least two blank pages (it’s okay if there are less than two blank pages, but they must be unused).
Your passport should not have any damage to its cover or pages, including tears and discolouration.
It should also be in good condition so you can use it as an ID when entering Zambia.
If your passport does not meet these requirements, you will need to apply for a new one before applying for your visa.
The Zambian visa fee is US$25. The Zambian visa fee is non-refundable, payable in U.S. dollars and payable at the time of application at the embassy or consulate.
Multiple Entry Visa
A multiple-entry Zambian visa is valid for one year and can be issued for 12 months.
It allows you to enter the country as often as you want within the period without re-applying for a new visa each time.
If you need longer than that, you must apply for an extension before your current one expires.
If you want to travel outside Zambia during your trip, take care not to do so with an expired visa – this could cause problems when re-entering the country!
These are the requirements to get a Zambian visa.
To get a Zambian visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- A passport is valid for at least six months.
- Proof of return ticket to your country of residence.
- Proof of enough funds to support yourself during your stay in Zambia (Zambia expects you to have at least US$100 per day).
- Proof of accommodation in Zambia.
- Medical insurance covers emergency evacuation and repatriation.
- Employment letter stating they will cover all costs related to your trip (they may also request police verification).
The Last Word
We hope this blog has answered any questions you may have about getting a Zambian visa.
- Zimbabwe Visa: How to Apply Online
- Make Applying for an Azerbaijan Visa Easy with These Tips
- How to Apply for an Armenia Visa: Learn about Visa Eligibility
- How to Get Your Algerian Visa: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Here’s How to Get Your Egypt Visa: Ready to Explore the Pyramids?
- Applying for a Canada Visa Online: The Ultimate Guide
- Australia Visa Application: How to Apply Online
- How to Apply for a U.S. Visa: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Applying for a U.K. Visa is Easy – Do it Online!
- Everything You Need to Know About Applying for a Schengen Visa